Closed

William Birch Rankine Generating Station

Posted on: Thu, 08/17/2006 - 15:15 By: Mike

History: 

After some slowdowns, minor construction began April 30, 1897. This wasn't a serious attempt at construction, but rather just enough to satisfy certain contractual obligations.

Many legal battles and negotiations ensued, and real construction on the site did not begin until May 23, 1901, just over four years later. On January 2, 1905, the station formally opened with two operational 10,000 HP generators producing about 17,000 kilowatts.

Subscribe to Closed